Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a prison for my soul: part deux

In my previous post, I mentioned that the work I do Monday through Friday for eight hours a day is not what I believe God created me for. This got me thinking more and more about the jobs people do versus what people love to do. In some cases, people get to work a job they truly have a passion for. I other cases, people work a job that is just that...a job. Let's face it, we all have bills to pay and groceries to buy. This requires us to work. So do we work out of true passionate desire, or out of necessity? I believe in my case I work the job I have out of necessity. It's necessary for me to work so I can be a blessing to my wife, pay the bills, all that stuff. The job I work is not what I dreamed of having. I understand that work is part of His design. I also understand that God shapes us for different jobs. So what happens when the world shoves us into a job that God did not mean for us to have?

I'm curious, is there anyone reading these posts have the job they truly desire or simply out of necessity? Please feel free to comment.

No comments: