Friday, February 15, 2008

Know Thyself

Know thyself. This is a line from the film The Matrix. When Neo is meeting with the Oracle, she point him to a sign above a doorway that says "Know Thyself" in Latin. She goes on to say that it's like being in love, you either know it or you don't. There is a lot of eternal truth to this. When I began courting my wife, Rebecka, I knew she is the one I'd be spending the rest of my life with. I can remember after only seeing a few times sitting on the beach of Lake Michigan and wanting to ask her to marry me right then. I waited a little longer, of course, because I wanted to do this right.

This is all about our identity also. This is something you either know or don't. As I continue to grow on my journey with Christ, I know more and more each step of the way my true identity...the very purpose God created me. I can say right now that I know I am not meant for this job that I have currently. I was not made to be a records clerk with a corporation. No...I was made for music. Music makes me come alive inside with a fire...a fervor...and passion that transcends all space and time. Where does something like this come from? It can only come from my Creator God!

Also in the Matrix, when Neo and Agent Smith are fighting near the end, Smith keeps calling him Mr. Anderson. Then Neo speaks up, "My name...is Neo!" In the same way I feel this world and its "agents" pinning me down and calling me Mr. Hoyt, and all I want to do I respond with a yell..."My name is Rhythmn!" Indeed...my name is Rhythmn.

No comments: