Sunday, February 17, 2008

Faith: What is it?

According to Webster's Dictionary, faith is the firm belief in something for which there is no proof. I believe in God only by faith. God doesn't need to prove Himself to me. I believe in Him completely. When I see this earth, this creation, it's really the only proof I need. Others try to explain everything with science that tries to prove there is no God. I'm sorry, there is just way to much design in everything for it all to be just some random occurrence or accident. Plus, even an Atheist whom do not believe there is a God is quoted in Rick Warren's book The Purpose-Driven Life saying without God life has no purpose.

My question is, do we trust God all the way? Another part of the definition of faith is belief and trust in and loyalty to God...complete trust. This makes me ask, do I trust God completely? Do I trust Him with everything? Not just bits and pieces, but the "whole three-taco plate!" ($5 to Dave Ramsey). The whole enchilada baby! Trusting God completely, I believe, is a product of loving Him completely. I have heard preachers talk about following God with a reckless abandon. Yeah, that indeed takes 100% faith.

So what say we all pray for each other some more and ask God to help us take that next step and become all that more faithful?

I love and am praying for you all.

No comments: