Monday, March 22, 2010

A time of Beauty

Yesterday was my birthday and as a gift my parents gave me tickets to see Celtic Woman along with my wife and sister. I gotta say, these ladies of Celtic Woman are indeed captivating. My heart was, for that time, alive! Having a passion for music myself, especially this kind, really excited my soul. I wish I could have met at least one of these ladies face to face. They really are giving the world something beautiful and captivating. Part of me wished I could've been up there with them, playing on a drum. From a previous post, a few years ago I would have had a hard time seeing something like this. I can honestly say I've taken some big steps with Christ since. I still feel the wound here and there, but I can give it over to Jesus. It's true, I wish I could be play a drum or my bari sax and get paid for it. It would be awesome if I could do the thing that really makes me come alive inside and get paid for it. Alas, this world just won't allow it. I thank God for community concert bands.

I can hardly wait until I get to play in His orchestra after He takes me home.

No comments: