Monday, January 28, 2008

life stuff

On my journey with Christ, I've come to the full realization that I was born into a world at war and a world NOT what God meant for it to be. I've heard this world being referred to as a cesspool...indeed a sludge pit! Don't get me wrong, there are moments where you think the fall never happened...but only moments.

I love God...period! This having been said, here's what I hate:


  1. wickedness

  2. injustice

  3. persecution

  4. money and it's whole system

  5. buying and selling

  6. greed

  7. selfishness

  8. arrogance

  9. PRIDE!


From what I can tell, God's system never included buying and selling. His system included giving abundantly. His word is chop full of statements saying this. If you're a Christ-follower, you know where to find them. Some that pop out in my mind include:

  1. John 3:16

  2. Mark 12:29-31

  3. John 13:34-35

  4. Malachi 3:9-11


Church, when are we going to stop following the systems of this world and fully engage in our LORD's? I don't know, maybe I'm just frustrated. Then again, maybe my relationship with God is intimate enough that I feel what He feels and begin to think what He thinks?

What would it look like if we eliminated money, buying and selling, and we engaged fully in giving to God first then to each other? I'd think if we all were giving to one another then everyone would be taken care of. No one would be left hungry or suffering. : What would it look like if we eliminated competition and fully engaged in cooperation? You know, living together in community serving and helping each other. Working for each other rather than against. Indeed, what would that look like?

No comments: