Wednesday, January 23, 2008

when God shows up

I read chapter 50 of the Psalms and wow! God shows up here and puts it out there. What all this says to me is that God certainly want to help those He loves and love Him in return. It also shows that He's not going to help those who turn from Him. It's not because God doesn't want to help them, but because they don't want Him to. God is a gentlemen and will not force Himself upon anyone. In this chapter, He basically tells those who do love and follow Him that He right there ready to help. Then He basically tells those who don't love and follow Him that they won't receive any help from Him.

As one of my pastors would say, "if you want to move from here to there you have to take steps in that direction." Indeed, if I want to move closer to God I need to take steps in that direction.

No comments: