Thursday, October 11, 2012

Claiming my God-set identity

It's time. Since I began my epic journey with Christ I have been struggling with the biggest question of all...who am I? After very much prayer (years) and meditation I am finally going to claim the identity I now know that God has set in me and own it! I am a musician! I may not get paid to do what I love to do, I may not have any of the fancy credentials in this world, and I certainly do not have the recognition this world may offer. All that aside, I do have my Creator God whispering to me His name for me...Rhythm...Beauty. This is all the validation and "credentials" I need.

Currently this is my prayer. If anyone wishes to join me in this, by all means.

"Father God, I want nothing more right now than to be all that You have created me to be. I know that You have set music in me, deep in my soul. I do indeed have a love and passion for music. I love every opportunity I get to perform with the Southshore Concert Band. Now Lord, I surrender this to you, if You indeed inten
ded for me to be Your musician fully and completely while in this world, then I know that only You can arrange for that. I see this vision in me Lord, a vision of learning to play the bassoon or even the contra-bassoon and one day becoming part of a symphony orchestra and thus getting paid to do the very thing I love to do...the thing You set in me to do. Lord, You know I do not have a bassoon or contra-bassoon and cannot afford to get one on my own. So I surrender this to You, that if this vision does indeed come from You then only You can arrange for it to happen. Lord, you know the job I hold now is only temporary. If it be Your will Lord that I become a full and complete musician, getting paid to do what I love to do, then I know You will arrange for it to happen in Your timing Father God. I'm completely Yours Father God. Do with me what You will. I trust You fully. I pray this in the most precious and powerful name of my Lord and Savior, and my Best Friend, Jesus Christ. Amen."

No comments: