Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Education v. Experience

It seems to me that with today's job market, employers are more interested in real work experience than in classroom education. I'm thinking it is because there is just so much that can be taught in the classroom. So much more can be learned through experience. I believe this is especially true with regard to any of the technical jobs or applied sciences. It's one thing to read about programming in HTML, but another to actually do it.

As I continue to quest to find another job, I'm also taking steps to return to school and pursue an education in web development. Baker College in Michigan has a very nice online campus and offers a Bachelor's in Web Development completely online! This works for me. Now I either need to get another job or see what financial aid I can get. Only time will tell.

No comments: