Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Election 2008: Vote for principle

If you only follow this years' election coverage from the major news networks on TV, you are led to believe that there are only two candidates running for President of the United States: John McCain and Barack Obama. McCain is with the Republican party and Obama is with the Democratic party. However, these aren't the only choices. There are in fact six major candidates!

Now I'm not going to say "You should vote for _________". What I will say is always vote for principle. Vote for the person whom you agree with and feel can do the job right. Don't just vote because this person is going to win. Don't just vote for the person all your friends are voting. No, vote for principle.

One candidate I want to mention is Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party. I won't put everything here. I'll let you read about him for yourself on his campaign website. I just want to say that I'm a bit upset and disgusted with the major news networks. They only focus attention on McCain and Obama. This to me is biased and irresponsible. The First Amendment of the Constitution gives liberty to the press. So why doesn't the press fully take advantage of this? My guess is $$$. Greed seems to be the motivation for news networks these days. Maybe it's just me, but news networks these days air stories they know will give them the best chance at gaining profit. So instead of making it known all the candidates running for President, they only cover the ones with the most $$$ to buy the airtime. YUK! So if you don't do the research yourself to become an informed voter, you can easily enter the polls on election day thinking McCain and Obama are the only choices.

All I want to say is this, be informed and vote for principle.

1 comment:

Miss Ellie said...

All I have to add to that is AMEN! That was very well put! I am glad to see some one else supporting Chuck Baldwin. While it is sometimes hard to watch everything that is going on in our country, with the election in full swing, it is so sweet to know that everything that is happening is the will of God. And that there is no wrong in him!
God bless you!