Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm not perfect by any stretch

I've heard it said before many a time from my pastors, "...you're meant for so much more." This says to me that I'm capable of so much more than I am. The hard part about all of this is when I cannot accomplish a task I want to say to my pastors, "Yeah, right...sorry, I don't believe that." I question, how can I be capable of so much more when I can't even get __________ right? (fill in the blank) Then all the limitations of this world come pressing in hard. I feel this world pushing...no, clawing at my soul saying things like "You aren't much value are you?" Yuk. The Spirit reminds me of His word, His truth, but I still can't help being drug into a fierce battle with Satan! Heh...Satan's like that ya know. He looks for any opportunity to try and take me out. HA HA...Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world! Or as Carmen would say it, "Greater is He who is in me than the snake I'm starring down!!!" Heh, and I even have a phobia of snakes.

As I look at my dog, Bella, and meditate upon the relationship she has with me, her master, it hits me like a ton of bricks. This relationship is EXACTLY the kind of relationship I have with my Master, Jesus Christ. When my wife and I leave the house, we put Bella in a create (a cage). As we leave the house, she'll yip and bark and whine. When we come home, she yips and barks and whines and paws at the door/gate of the crate. She so passionately wants to get out so she can run free and fully embrace her master. Wow...this is exactly how I am. This world is that create. It's not perfect. It's broken and it limits me from being all my Master made me to be. I can't wait until He comes back for me to let me out and be free to fully embrace my Master...and be EVERYTHING He made me to be.

No comments: