Wednesday, September 2, 2020

What is there to truly enjoy?

 Earlier I had posted this about the world.  This is in response to my recent study of the book of Ecclesiastes.  It truly is amazing how the more you get to know God and the truth your perception in transformed.  Indeed...life under the sun is just a puff of smoke.

So then...what is there to truly enjoy?  If everything we know about in this world is here one moment and gone the next, what does that leave?  Well...I've learned to simply take it all one day at a time and see what happens.  What I have found to be the most enjoyable are all the things of God.  Spending time out in the wilderness, listening to nature, spending time with my wife and daughter, listening to and performing music.  All of this I enjoy and I believe that when my time under the sun comes a close and I go Home, I'll still be able to enjoy music and being with those I love and enjoying all that God has created.  

Jesus tells us not to store up treasures on earth, which are essentially only temporary.  Instead, store up treasures in Heaven.  Aaaaah...now were talking.  Treasures in Heaven are eternal!  So what are these treasures He is talking about to store up in Heaven while we are in this life under the sun?  After much thinking...it's relationships...people!

It's challenging, for certain, building relationships.  It seems though that doing anything worthwhile is hard, but not impossible.  The single most important relationship to have is with Jesus Christ.  So if you don't know Him, I want to invite you to get to know Him.

No comments: