Thursday, March 13, 2008

What can happen when God shows up?

On February 29, my wife and I were involved in an auto accident in downtown South Bend. After we submitted our claim with the auto insurance company, State Farm, the car (2001 Pontiac Grand Prix) was deemed a total loss. State Farm sent money to the credit union to pay off the rest of the loan and then they are sending my wife and I the remaining amount which totals the current market value of the car, about $6,000.00. I owed about $4,000.00 to the credit union, so we get about $2,000.00. Just yesterday the salvage company came and took the car away. This looks like a bad thing.

This all was a blessing in disguise.

I took the day off on Tuesday to make sure we had all our ducks in order with State Farm, the title transfer, and all that. Then we decided to go to Tyler's in Niles to see what they had. We were connected with a young sales person named Adam and he began us on a journey that I didn't even expect. My wife and I were shown a few different cars. I did find out that Adam is also a follower of Christ...BONUS! To make a long story short, God showed up yesterday and worked all things together so that my wife and I drove home a 2003 Chrysler 300M! This car is black with black leather interior and loaded! More so than what we had in the Grand Prix. If you clicked on the link, you can see this car has a current market value of around $14,000.00. I was able to get it for around $10,500! Indeed, I'm convinced God showed up yesterday and made all of it happen the way it did. I can say this, Becka is sure smiling! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. However I am happy for you on your new car! Sounds real nice. God does make all things work out for the best. I am blessed to know both of you!